Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My broken leg!!

It has been a long time since Ihave posted. Just to let everyone know on December 29 at about 11p.m. I took a major fall in my kitchen. I had a freak accident and just fell wrong on my leg. I had a blessing the kids called my dad. He ran down and saw my leg and called the ambulance. After two shots of morphine(not enough) and a bumpy ride to the hospital it was announced that I broke both my fibula and tibia (I think. both bones in my lower leg). I was admitted into the hospital. After the x-rays it was not a simple break. It was a compound fracture and a break above the ankle and a break below the knee. I was told that it needed surgery. Late Tuesday night I had surgery. A rod was placed in my leg with a few sets of screws. The surgery went well and I got to spend New Years Eve in the hospital. I had a lot of visitors and Natalie was visiting for the Christmas break. She wanted to live at the hospital with me. After all of this she has decided that she wants to be a nurse. Who knew that my breaking my leg would have such an impact on her. She wanted to stay at the hospital all the time with me. My parents came and visited me on a surprise visit during New Years. Then I got to go home on New Years Day, and since then I have been camped out on my couch. My family has been amazing and I don't know what I would do without my parents they have been so helpful and supportive. I love them so much. The kids have really stepped up. They have been pitching in on the housework without much complaining. Bryan has been amazing and I don't know what I would do without him. It has been really hard for me to just lay around. It is so hard to have to ask the kids to get me a drink or bring me something. But at the same time everyone is starting to realize how much a mom does. (At least I think so.) Thanks to everyone for the phone calls and visits. I hope everyone had a great New Years. I will hopefully post pictures later. I love my family so much. Thank you.

6 comments:

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

Thank you so much for that nice thank you card. You are so sweet. Get feeling better soon. Please call if you need me to bring you a Diet Coke. Or anything else, I would love to help out. Man you guys are on the ball with bringing back dishes the next day I was so impressed. Love Ya Lots!

marcikay said...

Thanks for that sweet comment! So glad to see a new post from you! Yay! You know I'm there whenever you need me, just send me a text! Have a great day!

Lisa said...

I was so shocked when my mom called and told me you had broken your leg! We hope you have a quick recovery!

Lyndzi said...

I hate those loose floor boards don't you?!

sharonspot said...

So sorry about all that. Do you remember Jennifer and I coming to see you that night after your surgery? You were pretty out of it. I hope that you recover quickly.

marcikay said...

Okay my dear.. I'm ready for a new post! Fill me in on all of your latest excitement! heehee