Sunday, December 21, 2008

So we came home today in mourning. My dad and I took Danielle and Austin down to the Las Vegas bowl game. It was a sad night. I will post a few pictures later. We still had fun and it has been a fun tradition we have started. I just wish they would have won. Austin always hates the part of being in Vegas. He feels he has to have his head in his lap so he won't see all the bad images and as we were pulling into Vegas we heard Dani in the back singing "Scripture Power". That happened to be the song that came on her ipod as we got there. How prefect. We still had fun but would have been so much better with a win. Dani did get her heart broken. We went to the fireside in Henerson on Friday night. As the team walked in Dani spotted David walking in and his face lite up and those dimples shined when he saw a special someone. She was cute but I could still see a little saddness in Dani's eyes. But by the end of the weekend she was looking through the program to find her next crush for the 2009 football season. And she is ready for BYU basketball and a boy wearing number 45.

6 comments:

marcikay said...

so glad you made it home alive! sorry that when you decide to take dani, it didn't turn out so well.. (i guess in 2 ways) sad!
how are you feeling? me, the same.. will i ever get over this? ::crosses fingers::

marcikay said...

and just to vent.. why does my happy birthday chelsea post say 1 week ago on everyone's list? ugh!

sharonspot said...

How fun you got to go to the game. We were sad they didn't win, but I bet being there was even harder. Hopefully it wasn't too cold.

marcikay said...

hmm. today it is right.. aren't you glad i'm keeping track on your comments? :)

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

It was a sad game. That was fun to imagine David looking at Dani and smiling. I have loved following that little saga this season!!!

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

Oh, Okay. Whoops! I guess I was reading it too fast. There is always next season and a new crop of cute players for that cute Dani to cheer for!