Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Good Day, A very Good Day!

So I don't have any new pictures to show. But I am going crazy to post something. So I will give a run down of the last few days. I am becoming more mobile. As Marci stated on her blog we went to lunch yesterday. It was so nice to get out. I showered and put on jeans for the first time since the broken leg accident. (By the way the jeans were actually loose on me)- (okay I've showered since the accident it was the putting on jeans since then.) So what better way to fix that then to go to Red Robin for the amazing fries and 4 Diet Cokes. (Austin says I need to lay off the dc, he says that is why I fall all the time. But I don't have the patience to test that theory.) Marci did time me on my restroom trip. 4 minutes. I know I am a speed demon. It was just nice to sit and gab and relax. Thanks Marci.

On Saturday Bryan and I went to the adult session of stake conference. Elder Hales was there. My dad was asked to be security for him. We were told he usually travels with security but not this time so the stake president asked dad to do it. We got to sit on the front row. His talk was amazing. He went over his time but said "I am being told because of who you are I need to keep teaching you some things." Wow! Bryan and I came home feeling his talk was directed right towards us. Because we were up front we got to shake his hand. What an amazing feeling. The only other time I felt the spirit that strong in a hand shake was when I was at LDSBC and I got to sing for and shake Elder Wirthlins hand. It was an amazing night and then we went to eat at the Trolley with my parents. We decided that on Sunday I would take Austin and Danielle with me and my parents to the stake center and Bryan would take to the two little ones to our church to watch stake conference.
We got to the stake center at 9:20 and it was already full. We got to be up front again. When Elder Hales walked in everyone in the congregation stood for him. All the talks were good. One moment that will stick out was Elder Hales was talking about picking good friends and he looked right at Danielle. We have been struggling a little with her on her friends. Anyway, when it was over dad asked Austin to help him be security which Austin loved and knew it was an honor. They both got to shake the hand of a servant of the Lord. Can't ask for much more than that. A Good day, a very good day. :)

5 comments:

marcikay said...

So glad I could be part of such a happy post!

And yours is like 200% more exciting than mine!

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

Yeah for D. Coke! I love the apostles. You just come away feeling like you can take on the world after hearing them. What a neat experience!

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

That sounds like such a honor. How lucky are we that we get to have these opportunities. I am glad that you are up and moving more.

chelseakate said...

hey elissa! i have a blog now!

Melissa Miller said...

Okay, when are we going to Training Table??!!